MSW or MS in Counseling Psychology or MS in Educational Counseling?

Answers:2   |   LastUpdateAt:2012-10-12 07:48:03  

Curcuma空间QQ网名. aggressive Mei -
Asked at 2012-10-02 11:24:03
I'm interested in making a career change . ( I work in Corporate America . ) I have a BA in Psychology and am thinking of going to college . I can not decide what degree to go . I am considering one . MSW 2. Master of Psychology ( and then applying to be a LPC ) and 3 . Masters in Counseling Education ( to become a school counselor ) . What is the benefit of getting a MSW over a Masters in Counseling Psych or vice versa ? ( You could pay more What led me to a more rewarding or better jobs or more job opportunities ? ) Also , is anyone here a school counselor - Like your chosen profession , can you tell me what is a typical day ? Like it ? And what is the average salary ? Thank you very much in advance.
Answer1ra nyAnswered at 2012-10-02 14:42:03
Well , there are three different professions and disciplines . Also the exact answer depends a little on each school system . However, in general:
MedlinePlus Psychologists work with the evidence , especially for special education . They can also make inquiries . Generally we do individual therapy or working with children beyond the evidence . MedlinePlus MedlinePlus Social Workers - often work with themes psycho / social / family , in some systems work primarily with special education. Can run support / therapy groups , programming and see families regarding school problems . MedlinePlus MedlinePlus Guidance Counselor - generally work with academics, college advising and related items , generally refer to social workers and / or psychologist for additional services . In some schools they run support groups. MedlinePlus MedlinePlus Average starting salary for an RSU is 30 - 50K MedlinePlus MedlinePlus DA
Answer2Da dog fart;m1ng-3; hard love her, Answered at 2012-10-12 07:47:23
consider LCSW
Related Questions
  • Answer This Question:MSW or MS in Counseling Psychology or MS in Educational Counseling?