Process for become a registered Psychologist in the US (with Australian degree)?

Answers:1   |   LastUpdateAt:2012-10-07 03:16:03  

Asked at
What is the process to become an American social psychologist ? MedlinePlus MedlinePlus I am currently studying psychology at a university in Australia . Once I have my degree in four years degree , I will be forced to do a postgraduate degree or complete two years of experience working with another social psychologist , to become full . MedlinePlus MedlinePlus If I had to move to America once I finished my degree 4 years ( or say , even after a supervised postgraduate work ) , what I have to do to be registered in the U.S. ? MedlinePlus MedlinePlus I have read some articles which state that an examination is necessary and one that indicates a " refresher course " , however I'm not sure that 's true . MedlinePlus MedlinePlus So to sum ‚Äč‚Äčthat up , if I have completed a degree in Psychology in Australia ( well , I'm open to graduate ) , what steps should I take to become a social psychologist in America?
Answer1CortneyAnswered at 2012-10-07 03:15:36
Since you are still in school I do not think the refresher courses and exams really apply to you ( who are mostly of psychologists who already have their degrees and are returning to the field after a hiatus , not people who are fresh out of learning those things ) . MedlinePlus MedlinePlus You need a master's degree to get anywhere in the field of psychology , especially in the U.S. . A bachelor's degree only takes little or no job opportunities . Actually, I would not be completely confident in my ability to get a job until I got at least a PhD . The job market is strong and the U.S. economy really sucks. MedlinePlus MedlinePlus In the meantime , however , I would look to study abroad so you can make the connections in the United States. Look for internships if you can. Even if it's just between faculty , the connections made in U.S. universities will be very influential in finding jobs , opening practices , or what you plan to do.
Related Questions
  • Answer This Question:Process for become a registered Psychologist in the US (with Australian degree)?